June 18, 2021

Advertise with us

‘ECA: 2011 Awards’ – DISTRIBUTORS

The nominated distributors for the ‘EMEA Channel Academy: 2011 Awards’ have been announced today. In total there are nine regional accolades up for grabs at this year’s awards ceremony, which takes place in association with DISTREE XXL, EMEA’s premier channel event. During the last few months, senior vendor executives have voted for their preferred distributor by region. The top five nominated distributors go through to the final where they face a live electronic vote to determine the winner in each category. Read full story

by Stuart Wilson, Monday 31 January 2011

Also-Actebis deal to complete in February

Also and Actebis will complete the combination of their two distribution businesses on February 8th 2011 at an extraordinary Also shareholders meeting on that date. The deal is subject to approval of Also shareholders. Post-merger, the former shareholders of Actebis will hold a 53% stake in the combined entity with Also shareholders controlling the remaining 47%. Read full story

by Stuart Wilson, Thursday 13 January 2011

Western Europe PC sales climb in 2010

The latest data from channel research house Context has shown that Western European PC unit sales climbed 12.2% year-on-year in full year 2010. Fourth quarter unit sales were only up 3.2% on the previous year. According to Context, sales peaked in September 2010 before declining steadily in the fourth quarter. Despite the overall jump December unit sales were actually down 6.7% year-on-year with revenues for the month slipping 3.8%. Read full story

by Stuart Wilson, Tuesday 11 January 2011

Logicom lands CA gig

Cyprus-based distributor Logicom has announced a representation deal with software giant CA. Under the terms of the agreement, Greece-based ICT Logicom Solutions (LogS), a subsidiary of Logicom, will assume exclusive representation for CA solutions and products in Greece, Cyprus, Malta, Romania, Bulgaria, Albania and Skopje. Read full story

by Stuart Wilson, Friday 7 January 2011

Mitchinson joins Carphone Warehouse

Retailer and distributor Carphone Warehouse has appointed Mark Mitchinson as group managing director for business, wholesale and distribution. Mitchinson will have overall responsibility for the company’s distribution operations including the running of mobile distribution unit Hugh Symons. Mitchinson will report directly to Graham Stapleton, chief commercial officer at Best Buy Europe. Read full story

by Stuart Wilson, Thursday 6 January 2011

New owner for EET Nordic

Alipes has acquired distributor EET Nordic Group from Capidea. The Danish private equity fund, Capidea, has divested its shareholding in EET Nordic to Alipes, a Swedish investment company sponsored by Inter Ikea and Ikano. The management team remains in place and continues to hold a minority stake in EET Nordic Group. Read full story

by Stuart Wilson, Friday 24 December 2010

Ingram Micro EMEA signs Idapt deal

Ingram Micro EMEA has announced a European distribution deal with Idapt, a Spanish international mobile technology outfit specialising in mobile device charging solutions. Under the terms of the agreement, Ingram Micro EMEA’s telecommunications division will distribute Idapt’s range of universal charging solutions to retail and dealer customers. Read full story

by Stuart Wilson, Monday 20 December 2010

HP investigation widens

HP’s latest SEC filing has shed more light on an investigation into corruption allegations against the company. The German Public Prosecutor’s Office had been investigating a US$46.3m IT deal between HP and the Chief Public Prosecutor’s Office of the Russian Federation. US enforcement authorities have now requested information dating back to 2000 related to whether HP personnel in Russia, Germany, Austria, Serbia, the Netherlands or CIS were involved in kickbacks or other improper payments to channel partners, or state owned or private entities. Read full story

by Stuart Wilson, Friday 17 December 2010

Expanded ArcSight rights for Westcon

VAD outfit Westcon has expanded its ArcSight rights in Europe to cover 10 countries. The expanded distribution agreement now includes Norway, Ireland, Finland, Sweden and the UK in addition to the five countries already covered: France, Belgium, Luxembourg, Germany and Italy. ArcSight is now part of HP and offers a range of cybersecurity and compliance solutions. Read full story

by Stuart Wilson, Wednesday 15 December 2010

Ingram Micro EMEA signs BoxTone

Ingram Micro EMEA has underlined its telecom ambitions with the latest addition to its portfolio. The distribution giant has struck a Europe-wide agreement with US-based mobile service management (MSM) software and services provider BoxTone. Read full story

by Stuart Wilson, Tuesday 14 December 2010

... | < 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 |> |...

June, 2021

Advertise with us


Register here

Press Releases

Upload your PR here

Advertise with us