October 24, 2020

Advertise with us
HOME REGIONS Europe › Komplett pulls out of Western Europe

Komplett pulls out of Western Europe

by Stuart Wilson, Wednesday 25 June 2008

Norway-based e-commerce outfit Komplett has shut up shop in Western Europe. The company, which sells components, PCs, home electronics and related kit to end-users and resellers, has pulled the online shutters down on its websites in the UK, Germany, France and Austria. Komplett’s loss-making operations in Western Europe accounted for just 6% of group sales in the first quarter of 2008.

Komplett posted announcements on the websites that it was closing yesterday, advising customers of the change in status. The announcement on the UK website read: “As of 24 June 2008, Komplett.co.uk has closed down its UK operations. We regret to inform you that it is no longer possible for UK customers to make any purchases from Komplett.co.uk anymore.”

“We value the customers who bought products from us in the past. Therefore –for the time being, our UK customer service will remain available for enquiries and warranty questions on products bought from Komplett.co.uk. You can contact our customer service department by sending an e-mail to: service@komplett.co.uk. We will do our utmost to answer any e-mail within 2 working days.”

Komplett’s sales in May 2008 hit US$62.5m – up 35% year-on-year. Direct sales to end-users accounted for 62% of revenues with sales to resellers accounting for the remaining 38%.

Print this page  Recommend this article  Reply to this article    Del.icio.us   Digg   Technorati

October, 2020
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
   1234
567891011
12131415161718
19202122232425
262728293031 


Advertise with us

Login


Register here

Press Releases

Upload your PR here

Advertise with us