DISTREE EMEA announces extensive workshop programme for 2017 regional channel event
by Stuart Wilson, Thursday 9 February 2017
The 15th annual DISTREE Europe, Middle East & Africa (EMEA), which takes place in Monaco from February 21-24th 2017, will include an extensive workshop programme for delegates. The group sessions are designed to bring vendor and distributor executives up to speed on some of the latest trends and market developments influencing the consumer tech channel. Confirmed speakers include representatives from Choice in eCommerce, CONTEXT, EHA, Game Advisor, GfK, Quadmark, Red Dolphin and Regent.
Liam McSherry, Marketing Director for DISTREE Events, commented: “As an independent event, DISTREE EMEA remains committed to bringing in a wide variety of speakers from multiple analyst firms, research houses and consultancies. This allows delegates to stay up to speed on the latest channel trends, explore new business areas and benefit from accessing multiple perspectives on key topics during one event.”
All delegates attending DISTREE can register for workshop sessions, which are then included in their personal event agenda alongside the pre-scheduled one-on-one meetings between exhibitors and distributors. The full line-up of workshops and summits taking place at DISTREE EMEA 2017 is listed below:
Consumer Tech Retail
• Consumer Tech Retail Around the World. Globetrotting consultant and retail analyst Ryan Mackey returns for his perennially popular ‘Retail Around the World’ session. A great opportunity for vendors, distributors and retailers to get up to speed on the latest retail concepts and models revolutionising consumer technology sales around the world. Get inspired and get new ideas for your business in 2017.
• CONTEXT: A deep dive into VR, PC Gaming and Smart Home. Using proprietary CONTEXT data and survey results, Adam Simon will take participants through the results of the latest CONTEXT research on three critical growth areas in technology - smart home, virtual reality and PC gaming.
European Consumer Survey
• EHA: European Consumer Survey Results. What do Europe’s consumers really think about new tech hitting the market? Hear the findings from the European Hardware Association’s (EHA) latest consumer survey covering nine countries. This session will look at consumer purchasing intentions for 2017 and focus on some of the vibrant new and emerging product categories driving consumer interest in tech products. EHA will also update delegates on its latest ‘Best Practice’ tips for product launches in Europe.
• Game Advisor: Games Growth & EMEA Channel Opportunity. Stefan Lampinen, Managing Director at Game Advisor Ltd, who previously held senior European and worldwide roles at Electronic Arts, Nokia, Microsoft and Warner Bros, leads this session focused on games growth and the opportunities this presents to distributors in EMEA.
GfK: B2B Strategies
• GfK: B2B - Building Winning Strategies. In this session GfK will highlight the importance of front-end supply chain management (SCM), and the fundamental competitive advantage an effective channel management may bring to companies. GfK will illustrate recent channel and category trends enabling companies to optimise their channel performance as well as identify growth drivers and future potential. GfK will build on a unique SCM concept of GfK Point of Sales and GfK Distribution Tracking as well as insights based on qualitative studies.
• GfK: Gaming - From Niche to Mainstream. Gaming has recently emerged from a niche to become a global trend within computing and peripherals markets. Which product categories are driving growth? What features are demanded by consumers? How are gaming products adding value to IT markets? This workshop is key for understanding the landscape of gaming products and will enable attendees to optimise their product strategy and identify growth opportunities.
• Online Marketplaces across the World – Alibaba.com is ranked 18th only. Hosted by Oliver Prothmann, President of Choice in eCommerce. Get an in-depth understanding of how important marketplaces such as Alibaba, Amazon, eBay and others nowadays are for consumer technology channels and how vendors, distributors and retailers should engage with the online giants running these trading platforms.
• Quadmark: Driving Customer Experience through Consumer Channels. Consistently rated as one of the top speakers at DISTREE Events, Michael White from Quadmark will once again identify some of the fundamental changes impacting channel structures for consumer technology in EMEA. This session will explore changing market models within consumer channels and the increasing focus on customer experience metrics and customer lifetime value and how these apply to vendors, distributors and retailers.
• Red Dolphin: Where Next for Wearables in 2017? Hosted by Laurent Eymard, Co-Founder & CEO, Red Dolphin. Demand for wearables continues to mature and grow. Wearables expert Laurent Eymard from Red Dolphin will lead this in-depth session looking at wearables trends and predictions for EMEA channels. The session will also feature live demonstrations of some of the latest wearables products, designed to help distributors and channel partners to identify which wearables categories hold the most potential.
• Regent: Insight into M&A Activities of the IT Sector. Moderated by Pradip Somaia, Partner at M&A advisory specialists Regent Partners LLP. Somaia will share with delegates a detailed insight into the mergers and acquisitions (M&A) activities of technology Industries covering numbers of transactions done, valuation trends and hot sectors. Somaia will also give an overview of how to develop a successful M&A strategy. Vendors, distributors and channel partners looking to either sell or acquire business units will find this session invaluable.
UK Market Update
• UK Market Update & Channel Strategies Post-Brexit. This session explores the specific issues related to vendors selling into the UK - or setting up European operations based out of the UK - in light of the recent Brexit vote. Session format will include Q&A with UK-based distributors.
McSherry concluded: “The workshop programme forms an important part of the overall DISTREE experience. It is an opportunity for vendors and distributors to attend sessions side-by-side and engage in a genuine dialogue on topical issues impacting the future of the consumer tech channel. We’re excited by the breadth and depth of topics covered in this year’s programme and the high quality of the speakers leading the sessions.”