Cisco hands out Middle East channel awards
by Stuart Wilson, Wednesday 23 November 2016
Networking giant Cisco recognised sixteen partners from the Middle East region for their outstanding performance in 2016 during its annual partner conference which took place in San Francisco, California. The Cisco partner summit awards are designed to recognise best-in-class business practices and serve as a model to the industry within their respective countries and regions. Areas of consideration include innovative practices, architecture-led successes, strategic business outcome-focused programmes, seizing new opportunities and sales approaches.
Shadi Salama, channel leader at Cisco Middle East, said: “It’s an honour for Cisco to work with some of the best channel partners in the Middle East to transform the IT landscape that enables customers to differentiate and define their business strategies."
"It is my privilege to announce that sixteen partners from the region have been honoured with awards across several categories for their outstanding achievements as a Cisco channel partner in the Middle East region, including two partners who received the Cisco partner summit geographical region awards in the EMEAR region,” Salama added.
The list of Middle East winners includes:
• Middle East Partner of the Year - Salam Technology
• Architectural Excellence: Enterprise Networks - Emircom
• Architectural Excellence: Collaboration – Baud Telecom
• Architectural Excellence: Data Center - Diyar United Trading and Contracting
• Architectural Excellence: SP Architectures - Saudi Telecom Company - Advanced Solutions (STCAS)
• Architectural Excellence: Security - GBM
• Cloud Builder Partner of the Year - Netas Telekomunikasyon AS
• Cloud & Managed Services Partner of the Year - STCAS
• Commercial Partner of the Year - GBM
• Enterprise Partner of the Year - GBM
• Solution Innovation Partner of the Year - CDW
• Distributor of the Year - Ingram Micro Middle East
• Learning Partner of the Year - Al Khaleej Training and Education
• Cisco Capital Partner of the Year - Saudi Business Machines
• Services Partner of the Year - Mideast Data Systems (MDS)
• Marketing Innovation Partner of the Year - Smartworld
The winners of the Cisco partner summit geographical regional awards for the EMEAR region included:
• Architecture Excellence Service Provider Architectures Partner of the Year - STCAS
• Mid-Market Partner of the Year - GBM
The Cisco partner summit theatre and geographical regional awards reflect the top-performing partners within specific technology markets across Middle East countries and the overall EMEAR region. All award recipients are selected by a group of Cisco global partner organisation and regional and theatre executives.
New SMB Channels event
SMB Channels Middle East, organised by DISTREE Events, will launch in the region in 2017. The new two-day event will bring together 300 executives from the region’s leading resellers of IT solutions focused on serving small and medium businesses (SMBs). More than 60 vendors and value-added distributors (VADs) are set to showcase their solutions and services in the main exhibition area at SMB Channels Middle East.